This Diverse List Of 50 Medical-Related Blogs Covers Various Aspects, With An Emphasis On Medical Ethics
(Posted by Tom Lamb at DrugInjuryWatch.com)
On December 15, 2008 the USPharmD+ web site posted an article by Alisa Miller, "Top 50 Medical Ethics Blogs", which presents a list of various medical-related blogs, broken down by category and with a brief description of each blog.
Here is the introductory paragraph from this "Top 50 Medical Ethics Blogs" article:
With so much attention being focused on the current state of health care, many people are now beginning to look deeper into how and why the system isn’t working so well. An important element of affecting positive change and ensuring that those in charge are being fair and equitable is to keep an eye on the ethics of the profession. From bioethics to law and medicine to pharmaceutical ethics, the following blogs will help you stay on top of the medical ethics in this tumultuous health care era.
The categories used for this Top 50 medical blogs list are:
Medicine and the Law
International Medical Ethics Blogs
- The State of Health Care
The blogs listed under this last category, in the order presented, are:
42. Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma. Examine the ethics of the relationship between medicine and the pharmaceutical industry in this blog by Dr. Howard Brody.
43. Pharmalot. Written by journalist Ed Silverman, who has covered the pharmaceutical industry for over 12 years, this blog brings the latest news on the pharmaceutical front.
44. Prescription Access Litigation. PAL works to reduce the pricing of prescription drugs through both education and class-action litigation. This blog is where they share news that relates to prescription drug and ease (or difficulty) of access to the American people.
45. Pharm Aid. Presenting the latest news in pharmaceuticals, this blog also offers some editorial detail on the industry with an eye to keeping things fair.
46. Drugwonks. This blog is an extension of the Center for Medicine in the Public Interest, which researches the latest drug policies with the goal of making medicine more attainable for all.
47. Eye on FDA. Written by Mark Senak, this blog offers news and information on pharma legislation, marketing, and more.
48. Drug Channels. Read this blog to find out the latest news on pharmaceuticals, how they get to where they are going, and how this journey affects the consumers.
49. PharmaComa. Find out what is happening in the world of counterfeit pharmaceuticals with this blog, written by an employee of an pharmaceutical company who works as an anti-counterfeiter.
50. Drug Injury Watch. Devoted to keeping an eye on the pharmaceutical industry through drug injury, this blog not only offers news and information, but also has a great listing of resources to help keep consumers safe.
The actual "Top 50 Medical Ethics Blogs" article over at the USPharmD+ web site includes hyperlinks to all of the fifty blogs. I encourage you to use that feature to take a look at some of these blogs which cover various aspects of the medical world.
I want to thank Alisa Miller for making available this impressive list of medical blogs, and I much appreciate the fact that Drug Injury Watch was included -- even if it had to be as #50, the last blog listed.
You can let our readers know about other noteworthy medical-related blogs that did not make this Top 50 list (but perhaps should have) by posting a Comment below -- where you can include a hyperlink to your recommended medical blog(s) for easy access.