Vioxx Trials Scheduled In CA, AL, FL, NV, WV, TX, and IL State Courts As Well As Federal Court MDL
(Posted by Tom Lamb at DrugInjuryWatch.com)
According to Merck & Co., as of May 11, 2007 there are seven trial dates set in various state courts around the country and one trial date set in the federal court Multi-district Litigation (MDL).
The following Vioxx cases, in chronological order, were listed by Merck:
- California Superior Court, Los Angeles County (CA Coordinated Proceedings); September 17, 2007; Plaintiff(s): Unspecified.
- Alabama Circuit Court, Jefferson County; September 17, 2007; Plaintiff: Frederick.
- Florida Circuit Court, Hillsborough County; September 17, 2007; Plaintiff: Kozic.
- Nevada District Court, Washoe County; October 1, 2007; Plaintiff: Crandall.
- West Virginia Circuit Court, Mingo County; October 1, 2007; Plaintiff: Smith.
- Texas District Court, Jackson County; October 22, 2007; Plaintiff: Zajicek.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (MDL); October 29, 2007; Plaintiff: Barnett.
- Illinois Circuit Court, Madison County; October 29, 2007; Plaintiff: Donohoo.
As pointed out by Merck on their Vioxx web site, while this trial setting information for these eight Vioxx cases is current as of May 11, 2007, any and all of this information is subject to change in time.